We caught up with Estrada and asked him a few brief questions.
Photo by Markus Biegel/Disarray Magazine
1. What is the toughest experience you've ever had to overcome?
The toughest experience I have had to overcome was competing on Project Runway.
2. What is the best piece of advice someone has given to you?
To stay true to myself.
3. Do you have any advice for designers just starting out?
Keep pursuing your dreams and seek out opportunities as they arise.
4. What inspires you and what makes your styles unique?
Everything around me, people, music and artwork by Tim Cantor. I think I bring a lot of edge to my collections which is what makes my style unique.
5. What's your ultimate fashion goal and what have you learned while trying to accomplish your goal?
My ultimate goal is to one day dress
6. Is there anyone you wish to work with? Dolce & Gabbana
7. What's your favorite look that is simple to create, budget-friendly and always fashionable? (For women and how about for men?)
For women, simple tunics and leggings that you can dress up or down and for men, accessories like belts, hats, and scarfs.
8. Who has influenced you the most in your life?
My mom and my closest friends.
9. How has your Los Angeles Fashion Week experience been so far?
The feedback has been amazing and having a standing ovation after my first collection was truly exciting for me. I created a collection that was very wearable and a show that was unforgettable.
10. Are you working on any projects and where can we expect to see you
Yes, I will be participating in several San Diego based events and then working on my spring 2011 collection which will include leather handbags for New York Fashion Week.
Here's a sneak peek of the Haus of Estrada collection from Project ETHOS courtesy of Chris Nguyen and A.Carrascoso/The Fashion Patrol
Haus of Estrada
More photos from this show will be added!