Chrissy Volk, wardrobe consultant for Adahlia Volk, says YES!
It can be easy to save big – even if your favorite store isn’t on clearance yet! Chrissy Volk shares her favorite tips (used with her clients!) to shop Diane von Furstenberg sans credit card debt. You can now enjoy your favorite pieces, before they are out of season!
First things first...
SAVE A BUNDLE IN THE TIME IT TAKES YOU TO TURN ON YOUR SMART PHONE:
- GET APP-Y: The CouponClipper and Deals apps shows you deals that are going on around you - load it up post-mall arrival! http://clippermagazine.com/iPhone/
- NO CLIPPING REQUIRED: Did know that you can bring your smart phone and your cashier can scan the barcode for the promotion/coupon right from your phone. Try the Coupon Sherpa app which lists over 120 retailers -- you just click, scan and save! Download your favorite store's app as well - many times they offer scanable coupons direct from their platform! http://www.couponsherpa.com/mobile-coupons/
- CLIP... ERRR CLICK AND COMPARE!: Download any number of price comparison apps – Chrissy likes Shop Savvy Barcode Scanner and TheFind, which scans the item’s SKU number and price compares with other retailers, so you can find the best deal. http://shopsavvy.mobi/ and http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shopping-by-the-find/id397038993?mt=8
- BE SOCIAL: “Like” your favorite stores on Facebook – the same goes for Twitter followers as well. GAP and Macy's among others, may offer special sales for those that are loyal fans.
- PRINT AND GO: Like the feel of a 30% off coupon between your fingers? There are websites that allow you print coupons and use them for in-store savings. For example, couponcabin.com will allow you print current coupons for Target, Payless, the Limited, etc. FlamingoWorld.com is similar and features relevant coupons that are being offered at specific retailers.
- DON'T SAY NO TO OFFERING HOME ADDRESS: Next time you’re in the store - don’t say no to offering your email and home address. Many retailers still send out coupons in the mail. Some stores even send 20% off coupons on a weekly basis, i.e. Lord and Taylor.
- GETTING A COUPON TODAY? TABLE THAT BIG PURCHASE FOR A WEEK: A common practice for retailers is handing out coupons valid for a future date. After a purchase is made, the sales person will hand out coupons that can be used towards a future purchase. These are great to keep handy if you plan on shopping at the same store in the near future, as the discounts are normally pretty significant. Why not ask if they are offering a coupon with a certain purchase price – might make sense to make a smaller purchase today and return to buy that dress or suit a week from now!
Chrissy recommends a fun pouch, envelope or a printed mesh/organza bag (always fashionable!) that is offered free after a gift card or jewelry purchase has been made, to stay organized or...
COUPON ORGANIZING 2.0: Download the MyCoupons app for a free way to organize your deals - you also get alerts when you're creeping up on expiration date! http://www.mycoupons.com/coupons/myappbuilder.com
ABOUT CHRISSY VOLK: Adahlia Volk is the brainchild of Chrissy Volk. Chrissy brings years of fashion knowledge and a love of making people feel good to Adahlia Volk, Style and Image Consultancy (http://adahliavolk.com/). Chrissy is highly experienced and has years of experience within the fashion industry.
Having spent more than a decade in the fashion and retail industries, Chrissy has the innate ability to relate to her clients’ needs and challenges. Chrissy has worked in various fashion houses including ZOE, and Chanel, Inc., as an account manager. As an Account Manager for Chanel, Inc., Chrissy worked with at Bloomingdale’s and Bergdorf Goodman.
As a personal style consultant, Chrissy provides expert guidance and insight on how to create a first great impression. Her experience in working with people of all ages and economic backgrounds enables her to listen, care, and provide effective solutions to real-life challenges. Adahlia Volk incorporates strategies to help you maintain a life-long habit of looking your best each and every day. Her in-depth knowledge in fashion and beauty ensures that clients receive the best advice on dressing for success, grooming, styling, wardrobe makeover and presentation.
Chrissy graduated from Rutgers University with a degree in Art History and resides in New Jersey. She loves cooking and has recently taken up body boarding.