NewFilmmakers to Host Los Angeles Video Project Oct. 20th
NewFilmmakers Los Angeles in partnership with LA Weekly and the LA Tourism & Convention Board invite film lovers to join them on October 20th, 2012 for this year's On Location: The Los Angeles Video Project premiere event at the AT&T Center.
Film lovers get to celebrate and see how creative filmmakers highlight Los Angeles to the rest of the world when they premiere 22 short films centered on LA during a screening and after-party red carpet event!
Joining in on the festivities, film fans can expect to see Producer Steven J. Wolfe of the hit film '500 Days of Summer' and other special guests including LA City Councilmembers Paul Krekorian, Jan Perry and Tom LaBonge.
7:00pm General Admission & Pre-Screening Reception
8:15pm On Location Program Screening
Selected Finalist Films and Filmmakers:
* I Am LA (Dir. Bryce Dicristofalo)
* Destination Los Angeles (Dir. Brandon Valiente)
* LA Moments (Dir. Michael Malagon)
* Goodbye, I Love You (Dir. Hernan Cazares)
* Sarah (Dir. Leor Baum)
* How to Live in LA (Dir. Cameron Sperling)
* HELLO LA (Dir. Kiana Wilson)
* LA NOIR (Dir. Felix Martiz)
* I Love LA (Dir. Steven Biton and Julius Hudson)
* I Heart Los Angeles (Dir. Chanel Eakin and Dave Groseclose)
* An LA Story (Dir. Jeffrey Sun)
* Dream of a Resident Tourist (Dir. Shahriar Rahman)
* Liefs (With Love) (Dir. Beri Shalmashi)
* Within the City Limitless (Dir. Carolfrances Likins)
* Nightfall (Dir. Colin Rich)
* So What's the Plan for Tonight? (Dir. Daniel Zafran)
* LA-Highlighted (Dir. Sevag Mahserejian)
* Los Angeles: Find Yourself (Dir. Gregory J.M. Kasunich)
* Scavenger (Dir. Ruddy Anthony Salazar)
* LOS ANGELES (Dir. Carlos Florez)
* Whatcha Wanna Do? (Dir. Tim Cardenas)
* LA Encounter (Dir. Amy Hung and Man Lin)
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the directors of each film, the actors and other crew + participate in voting for the Audience Award!
Admission to event is $10 online or $15 at the door.
All-Night Access passes are available for $20 online or $25 at the door. This includes admission, complimentary parking and open bar the entire evening. Make sure to purchase tickets in advance as they are expected to sell out!
The AT&T Center is located at:
1150 S Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90015
Visit the On Location website at www.NFMLA.org/onlocation for more information and to purchase tickets!
About the Author
Formerly an editor at Demand Media, writer at Citysearch, The Examiner, LA Youth Newspaper and proofreader at The Los Angeles Daily News, Christy Buena decided to start Disarray Magazine because she missed writing what she wanted. From hiring writers, to contacting publicists and making assignments, Christy is responsible for the editorial strategy of Disarray Magazine. Get to know the team of talented contributors.
Questions, comments or suggestions?