Expert Skincare Tips to Prevent Ingrown Hairs
We all get them, those pesky ingrown hairs that come along with shaving and waxing. Stop them before they start with these tips and tricks from Kimberly Sampson, National Training Director for emerginC.
1. Exfoliate skin 1-2 days prior to shaving or waxing. Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells, oil and debris that may get trapped into hair follicles.
2. Shave in the direction of hair growth.
3. Apply soothing aloe, botanical oils and/or tea extracts to skin after shaving, waxing to help prevent skin irritation and ingrowns.
4. Natural and organic antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients such as tea tree help prevent ingrown hairs and razor bumps. Apply products with tea tree oil 1-3 days after shaving/waxing to prevent ingrown hairs.
Sampson also recommends the following products from the emerginC line for preventing ingrown hairs:
· emerginC scientific organics ginger-Lime sugar scrub ($45) -Use one day prior to waxing to help exfoliate.
· emerginC scientific organics at-home facial peel + clarifying kit ($90) - Use the clarifying pads 2-3 days prior to waxing to help prevent ingrowns. Bonus: the clarifying pad contains tea tree which is EXCELLENT post-waxing to prevent ingrown hairs and razor bumps.
· emerginC scientific organics coconut-argan body oil ($54 )- Nourishing botanical oils help calm irritation associated with post-waxing and the botanical oils help "remove" any wax residue.
· emerginC d-red daytime emulsion ($69.50) - Can be used to calm irritation associated with waxing.
· emerginC aromatic cream tea cleanser ($37)- White, green and red tea extracts makes the aromatic cream tea a great "mini" mask treatment for redness and irritation associated with shaving/waxing.
For more information, visit www.skinstore.com and www.emerginc.com.