Favorite Pecan Dessert Recipes
Pecan pie lovers will be happy about this roundup of videos covering a variety of recipes for pretty much any holiday. Check out our favorite Youtube videos below:
Microwave Mug Pies by Gemma Strafford:
Microwave Pecan Pie in a Mug
1 ½ tbsp (41g/ 1 ½ oz) butter, melted
⅔ cups (85g / 3 ¼ oz) brown sugar
3 tbsp (41g/ 1 ½ oz) maple syrup/ honey or golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla
⅛ tsp salt
166g ⅔ cup/ 60g / 2oz pecans, chopped and toasted
2 small cookies, crushed into 2 tablespoons of crumbs (graham crackers, digestives, gingersnap cookies)
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Whisk in eggs.
2. In a microwavable mug add in your crushed cookies to the bottom.
3. Pour in your pecan pie mix. Microwave roughly for 1- ½ minutes, checking every 30 seconds. The mix will thicken and appear jelly like, but it will set as it cools. Cooking time is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary.
4. Carefully remove the mug from the microwave. Let it stand for a couple minutes to cool. Serve with whipped cream and Enjoy otherwise place in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
*notes: You can make the pecan pie mix 24 hours in advance.
5. Once microwaved you can place in the fridge once cooled for up to 2 days. Cooking time will vary greatly depending on your microwave and the width and depth of the mug.
6. Multiply the recipe to make individual pies for a dinner party
Pecan Pie Mini Muffins by Laura Vitale:
To get this complete recipe with instructions and measurements, check out: http://www.LauraintheKitchen.com
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Fudge by Lady Behind the Curtain:
LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN: http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/
Have a favorite recipe? Let us know!